Since Ubud Meals Pageant first launched in 2015, we’ve had numerous of cooks and culinary figures becoming a member of us on our cooking demo phases, Kitchen Stage and Teater Kuliner. To refresh your reminiscence on the enjoyable and endearing Pageant expertise, we want to share a few of the finest recipes from these phases which you could attempt at house.
At present, we’re bringing you again to Debbie Teoh’s stage at UFF19, The Poster Woman of Peranakan Delicacies. A real Nyonya – her father is a Baba from Malacca and her mom is a Nyonya from Penang – she has revealed seven famend cookbooks. At this Kitchen Stage she cooked a number of Nyonya dishes, with certainly one of them being Kerabu Jantung Pisang.
Kerabu Jantung Pisang
1 banana flower
150 g medium prawns, shelled
2 huge onions, sliced
100 ml thick coconut milk
5 Tbsp calamansi limejuice
3 heaped sambal belachan
Bunga kantan, sliced for garnishing
- Reduce banana flower into half, lengthwise.
- Cook dinner with ample water for 20 minutes till cooked.
- Discard the outer layers to disclose the tender pink core.
- Slice about 1cm thick items.
- In a small pan boil coconut milk with prawns.
- Take away, then add in sambal belachan, sugar & salt to style.
- Combine the banana flower & garnish with bunga kantan.