In a time the place dwelling cooking performs an vital function in our each day lives, Ubud Meals Competition Introduced by ABC launched a brand new sequence, Quarantine Kitchen. On this sequence, we’ll showcase easy recipes you can observe at dwelling, that includes our personal Competition staff. We hope that this video sequence can deliver nice additions to your house cooking.
Virtually all Indonesians know and love mie ayam, a bowl of sizzling dish introduced by the Chinese language descendants in Indonesia. In Ubud, Janet DeNeefe likes to prepare dinner mie ayam for her household and serve it throughout a chilly evening. The broth, laced with ginger, star anise and xiao xing wine, is so stuffed with taste that you’d need to drench the mie ayam in it.
200 gr egg noodles, boiled in sizzling water and strained
300 gr hen thighs
500 ml water
3 stalks spring onion, sliced in chunks
5 cloves of garlic
50 gr ginger, smashed
3 pcs star anise
50 gr water spinach (or different leafy inexperienced greens), chopped roughly
3 tbsp xiao xing wine
Candy soy sauce
Spring onion, sliced thinly
1. In a giant pot, boil the water over medium warmth and add spring onion, garlic, star anise and pepper. After 5 minutes, add the hen thigh and boil for 10 minutes till cooked.
2. Minimize the hen into small cubes, then put aside. In the meantime, preserve the broth boiling.
3. Pressure the spices off the inventory, then add water spinach and salt into the broth and blanch for couple of minutes. Add the cooked noodle and boil for two minutes.
4. Put the noodle and greens right into a bowl, then add the hen on prime of the noodle. End off with a sprinkle of spring onion.
5. Serve the broth individually in a smaller bowl or add it straight to the noodle. Greatest served whereas nonetheless sizzling.